Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey : Week 3 Up, Up and Away : Day 3 : Taking Flight

Hi bloggers, i have attended the summer learning journey 2018 - 2019. Here are my activity's. 

Activity 1: Bird of the Year! [4 points] (To see the questions go on the summer learning journey site).
So i had to make a description about a bird. This was seriously hard as most of them were in serious trouble. But i chose to write about the  Banded Dotterel or in Maori Pohowera. Here's a little bit about the bird! The Banded Dotterel ( Pohowera ) lives in New Zealand's sea shores, estuaries and riverbeds. So the bird eats sand, shingles, shells and dirt. 


Banded Dotterel (Pohowera)
This bird is in serious trouble! Vote for it to be bird of the year for 2019 now!
All credits go to https://www.birdoftheyear.org.nz/






Activity 2: Flying Foxes [4 points]
Me personally i would love to have brain power that i can switch on and off. I would like this because i would really want to see how people think of me. And i think this will be good in use in case something bad happens and i would need to see what they would do. 
Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wings [10 points]
Wow did you now fish can fly! Well i sure didn't. If you want to learn more information about flying fish keep on reading.


Thanks For Reading (Special Thanks To Summer Learning Journey Team Members)


5 comments:

  1. WoW,I really like Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wing.I had know idea that fish could fly,Thats an amazing fact.

    Maybe you could work on making your writing bigger because i can not read a single thing.And also you could add a little more pictures.Maybe that would help.But great job.

    What a great job.Keep up the fabulous work,
    Go check out my blog at
    http://wpsaraurat.blogspot.com/
    Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Araua i only added 2 pictures because it said 1 or 2. And sorry if it's too small.

      Thanks

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Luseane,

    Once again, I am amazed at the speed you are whizzing through the programme. Well done on completing another three activities from day 3, 'Taking Flight'. You have done a great job on all three activities, you have taught me a lot. Such as, I did not know that Flying Fish would glide through the water when they were escaping predators. When I was in Tutukaka on a diving trip I saw a couple of flying fish gliding through the air. This was an incredible experience for me as I did not even realise that we had flying fish here in the waters surrounding New Zealand.

    In activity 1, I love that you have chosen the endangered Pohowera as Bird of the Year. The Department of Conservation (DOC) are doing so much to protect this beloved species. In fact, when the Pohowera lay eggs they sometimes lay them in the middle of a busy beach. When they do this, the DOC rangers cordon off an area with cones and string, and often guard the bird on a 24/7 watch. I witnessed this at Mt Maunganui and Waihi Beach. What do you thing the DOC are protecting them from? Also, why are these bird so endangered?

    I am looking forward to hearing your response. Just as a gentle reminder, these activities should take you around 20 minutes, so I would love to see lots of juicy information.

    Keep up the great work, Luseane. We hope to see you on Thursday.

    Kindest regards,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, thanks for your positive helpful comment. I am not quite sure i never really thought about that i'll come back to you when i have a idea.

      Blog You Later

      Delete
  3. Hi Luseane,
    Well done on finishing these activities. Your information about the Banded Dotterel is great. I can't believe that there is a animals that eats sand and dirt. Also, your facts about flying fish are great. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.