Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey : WEEK 3 Up, Up and Away : Day 1: A Heated Debate

Hi bloggers, i have attended the summer learning journey 2018 - 2019. Here are my activity's.  

Activity 1: Togs or Trackies? [4 points] (To see the questions go on the summer learning journey site).
As you may probably know by now last year in 2017 2-3 million tourists came to visit New Zealand! For this activity i was asked to choose  the best time/season to visit New Zealand (NZ). Now keep in mind this was really hard...But i have made my decision. In my opinion i think that the best time to come visit NZ is in Autumn (fall) here's  why. First of all Autumn is a spectacular time of changes in colour. I think tourists will love this because it is a tragic nice view, with vivid russet browns and heaps of gold and red leaves. Also those on a self drive holiday if your travelling anywhere after Easter the roads and of other tourists. But that's just what i think comment what you think? 

Activity 2: You are my Sunshine [4 points]
Here are 5 different ideas that i came up with myself on how to keep ourselves safe from the sun in Summer.
  • Seek shade meaning if you don't want to get sun burn't you should probably stay in the shade.
  • Protect your skin with clothing, you should do this if you don't want to get burn't.
  • Use sunscreen to protect your skin.
  • Wear a hat with a brim to avoid sun.
  • Protect your head and eyes.

Activity 3: Burning Up… [15 points]
Here is my answer.

Thanks For Reading (Special Thanks To Summer Learning Journey Team Members)

7 comments:

  1. Hey there Luseane, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's awesome to see how hard you've been working over your summer break. You've completed so many activities, well done!

    Thank you for sharing some tips for how to stay safe in the sun this summer. This is really important. Your tips are practical and easy to use. I am currently living in London, England, which is on the other side of the world. It's winter now so there really isn't much sun. I won't be able to use your awesome tips for another few months unfortunately.

    What sort of outdoor activities have you been enjoying this summer?

    Thanks. Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy, thanks for commenting on my blog. Oh wow that is super cool that your in London but also really sad. Perhaps if it ever gets hot/sunny one day you could try my ideas. I have been enjoying soccer and trampolining lately, what about you?

      Yours,
      Luseane

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Luseane,

    You have created another great post with all three activities from week 3, day 1, 'A Heated Debate'. I absolutely love the conclusion you have come to about tourists coming to witness the beautiful colours around New Zealand through August. I absolutely agree, that this is a stunning time of the year. It is also a great time of year to do lots of adventures like long hikes and bike rides, as the temperature is not too hot. However, I am definitely a summer lover. I absolutely love spending my summer at the beach in the water. I enjoy visiting the sea side and observing all the pohutukawa trees lining the beaches. I think this is a stunning time of the year and would recommend the tourists come now. I also think, this time of year, the weather is a little bit more predictable and you are likely to avoid the rain and do more activities. What do you love doing in summer?

    Well done on completing 3 great activities. I really love the graph you have shared with us. Maybe next time you could label the y-axis with what you measurement was. You could mention on this axis whether you measuring the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit.

    Keep up the awesome work, Luseane,

    Kindest regards,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, thanks for commenting on my blog. In the Summer i too love swimming but i also like carnivals.

      Blog You Later

      Delete
    2. Hey Luseane,

      It's Araura. You have created more and more amazing posts, I am so impressed.

      I love your graph it is amazing, maybe you could of added a bit more detail but it is still great.

      Anyways keep up the amazing work, Blog you later Bye 😀

      Delete
  3. Hi Luseane,
    Well done on finishing all of these SLJ activities. I think that the best time for tourists to visit is during the summertime as it is nice and hot then. Also because there is sometimes rain during autumn and spring so I don't think tourists would want to visit then. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.