Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey : Week 1 A Place To Stand : Day 4 : More Than Meets The Eye

Hi bloggers, i have attended the summer learning journey 2018 - 2019. Here are my activity's.

Activity 1: Scaling New Heights [4 points] (To see the questions go on the summer learning journey site).
Here are 5 questions i would ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.
1. When your not climbing mountains what do you do?
2. Do you have children?
3. What is something in life that you failed at that you wouldn't want us to experience in the future?
4. If you weren't a mountaineer what would you be ?
5. Who's your inspiration? 


Mount Everest
Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? [4 points]
My favourite food is Hash Brown. So i have decided to teach you how to make it!
Ingredients 
2 russet potatoes, peeled
2 table spoons clarified butter
Salt and ground black pepper too taste
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 pinch paprika, or to taste
Directions of use
1. Shred potatoes into a large bowl filled with cold water.Stir until water is cloudy, drain, and cover potatoes again with fresh cold water. Stir again to dissolve excess starch. Drain potatoes well, pat and dry with paper towels, and squeeze out any excess moisture
2. Heat clarified butter into a huge nonstick medium heat. Sprinkle shredded potatoes into the hot butter and season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika.
3. Cook potatoes until a brown crust forms at the bottom, about 5 minutes. Continue to cook and stir all over until potatoes are browned all over, about 5 minutes 

Activity 3: Salt and Pepper [5 + 5 possible bonus points]
 I would build my hotel at Milford Beach. To build my hotel i would use hay.
This is the entrance room
Thank You For Reading (Special Thanks To Summer Learning Journey Team Members).

7 comments:

  1. Hey Luseane what a great job,But I think it said to write 5 thing you would interview Edmond Hillary about his life mot climbing the mountain but i could be wrong..Anyway Blog you later! Bye
    Check out my blog at http://wpsaraurat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Araua, thanks for dropping a comment on my blog. And you are totally right thanks so much for reminding me i will be sure to edit my post and check out your blog! I will also make sure to comment on day 4 activity 2 on your blog!
      Thanks For Reading

      Blog You Later!

      Delete
  2. Talofa Luseane,

    Activty 1:
    You have asked a lot of good questions that only Sir Edmund Hillary could answer. Question #3 was a well thought out one! It is best to ask questions that you couldn't find the answers to in a book or online source.

    One question I would probably ask is; ‘Were you interested in anything else besides mountaineering when you were young?'. I bet the mental struggle was almost as tough as the physical climb, I can’t imagine trying to climb in that environment, could you? Would you? What do you think would be the hardest thing about climbing Mt Everest?


    Activity 2:
    You have written a recipe for Hash Browns, yum! I like that you organised the cooking directions in a clear and numbered order so no one gets confused.

    I have a question, what is clarified butter and how could you explain its meaning to people who might not know what it is? Perhaps next time you could add detail to the instructions you have so when people want to try it, the know exactly what to buy. Some pictures of the finished Hash Browns would be great too.

    One of my favourite foods to eat and make is sushi, I love salmon and chicken sushi and salmon nigiri. They are easy to make and scrumptious! Have you tasted sushi? If yes, what is your favourite type?

    Activity 3:
    I see you have created the foyer of your hotel (if I'm wrong please correct me), it's very yellow. :) I like how simplistic it is, perhaps next time you could include some labelling here so we know what the shapes represent. I'm guessing the circles are lights of some sort?

    On the subject of what you'd use to build your hotel, what made you think to use hay? Do you think it could outlast the weather at Milford Beach? If you change your mind about hay, what other material would you use? I'd probably use steel framing to make my hotel extra strong!

    Well done on completing another great Summer Learning Journey post, ka mau te wehi!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cia,thanks for commenting on my blog! I agree with you i couldn't imagine what it would be like either. I'll try my best to answer all your questions and fix my mistakes.
      Would you? : No i would not want to climb Mount Everest as it will be really tiring.
      What do you think would be the hardest thing about climbing Mt Everest? : I would probably most likely say the climbing and your energy. So i am actually afraid of heights, are you?
      what is clarified butter and how could you explain its meaning to people who might not know what it is? : In answer to your question clarified butter is milk fat rendered by butter to separate the milk solid.
      Have you tasted sushi? : Yes but i am not a fan.
      I'm guessing the circles are lights of some sort? : Yes indeed.
      On the subject of what you'd use to build your hotel, what made you think to use hay? : Uh it just randomly popped up my head.
      Do you think it could outlast the weather at Milford Beach? If you change your mind about hay, what other material would you use? : No but i would change my material to wood now that you brang the idea of change up.

      Yours,
      Luseane

      Delete
    2. Bula Vinaka Luseane,

      You are awesome! It's great to hear lots of your ideas and thinking. Keep up the great work you are doing here on the Summer Learning Journey. :)

      Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

      Cia.

      Delete
  3. Hi Luseane,
    Well done on finishing these three activities. The questions that you would ask Sir Edmund Hillary are great. I also wonder what Edmund Hillary would have done if he hadn't have decided to climb mountains. Also, your recipe on hash browns is great. I also like to eat them although I haven't had them recently. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alex, thanks for commenting on my blog.

      Blog You Later!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.