Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey : Week 1 A Place To Stand : Day 3 : Awesome Animals

Hi bloggers, i have attended the summer learning journey 2018 - 2019. Here are my activity's.

Activity 1: Fantastic Beasts [4 points] (To see the questions go on the summer learning journey site).
My beast looks like a gigantic ant that can just pop up out of nowhere. My beast smells like blood dripping down a window leaving a stain that'll give you a jump scare. My beast/creature feels like a really sharp pin that would squirt out blood if you poked it.My creature or beast sounds like a loud bee screaming and falling down playing the nutcracker.

Activity 2: The Secretive Skink [4 points]
Pros and Cons
Personally in my opinion i think a pro about being a DOC worker is you get to experience something new and you also get to work with different types of animals/reptiles and you can learn more about them and their species/what they are. 
I think a con about being a DOC worker is that animals could hurt you, and you could feed the creatures something wrong. Lastly a con about being a DOC worker (in my opinion) is you would need take time out of your day. 

Activity 3: The WWF: World Wildlife Fund [10 points]
World Wildlife Fund ( WWF ) are trying to save Freshwater seals by building snow banks for the seals because a seal gives birth in a lair that it digs into a snowbank and if there aren't any snowbanks the pups are born on open ice and don't have any protection against predators. WWF successfully  built snow banks for the pups to be born in.
World Wildlife Fund ( WWF ) are trying to save tigers by spreading the word to others and changing the worlds opinion they did that in success!

Thank You For Reading (Special Thanks To Summer Learning Journey Team Members).




8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Luseane,

    Thanks for sharing these three great activities with us! I enjoyed reading your perspective on becoming a DOC ranger. I agree that this job does present an opportunity to learn new things and I always enjoy learning. In fact, that is one of the best aspects of this job as a blog commenter. I have the chance to read a lot and to learn a lot from students who are posting their Summer Learning Journey work online. I really hope that you will be able to continue with your posts this summer and that Megan, Cia and I will have the chance to learn from you. We will also have the chance to be entertained by you.

    I really found your first post today very entertaining! I could picture the beast that you were describing and imagine what it would be like to hear him screaming like a bee and falling down like the Nutcracker. Speaking of the Nutcracker, have you seen the most recent Nutcracker film? I heard that it is to come out very soon and I might take my son, Aronui, to see it. He loves Christmas movies!

    Well, I better head away to make him afternoon tea. I will check back again soon to see if you have had time to post another activity on your blog.

    In the meantime, take good care!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rachel, thanks so much for commenting on my blog i really appreciate it! In answer to your question no i have not sadly seen the latest nutcracker film. Oh of course your son must be hungry!
      Thanks For Reading

      Blog You Later!

      Delete
    2. Hi Luseane,

      Thanks for writing back and for being so understanding about me having to head away to make Aronui tea the other day. I hope that you are having a really good holiday with your family and that you'll have time to post another SLJ activity over the coming days. I know that Megan, Cia and I are all really looking forward to reading your next post!

      Bye for now (blog ya later)!

      Rachel

      Delete
    3. Hi Rachel, thanks for responding as soon as you could. Also thanks for commenting on my blog, have a great day/night.
      Thanks For Reading

      Blog You Later!

      Delete
    4. You too, Luseane! Sleep tight :)

      Blog you later,
      Rachel

      Delete
  2. Hi Luseane,
    Well done on finishing this activity. I like the beast that you described. However, your post would be even better than it already is if you included a picture/drawing of your beast. I think that being a DOC range would be a dangerous but potentially rewarding job as you could see animals that other people won't be able to see. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, thanks for your helpful, positive comment.

      Blog You Later!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.