Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey : Week 1 A Place To Stand : Day 5 : Blink And You'll Miss It

Hi bloggers, i have attended the summer learning journey 2018 - 2019. Here are my activity's.

Activity 1: Towering Timbers [4 points] (To see the questions go on the summer learning journey site).
In my opinion i feel like logging is good and bad here are 5 reasons why i think logging is good.
1. We can get paper
2. We would also have more space 
3. We can make stuff with it
4. We could carve
5. It gives you something to do
Why i think logging is not good
1. We need oxygen
2. Everything will be dirty and rusty
3. Animals live there
4. Kids might want a tree house
5. It's a waste of time 

After

Before
Activity 2: Living on the Edge [4 points]
Dear Brendan  ( http://wpsbrendana.blogspot.com/ ) as you may probably know i recently went to the Tundra! It was a really fun exciting trip. I learned a ton of new things like "the word Tundra comes from a Finnish word tunturi, which means treeless plain or barren land.
The Tundra is a really fragile biome that is shrinking as the permafrost melts. 
Another interesting fact i learn't in the Tundra was that the melting of the permafrost as a result of global warming could radically change the landscape and what species are able to live there. Cool right!

Activity 3: Going, going….gone [10 points]
So for this activity i had to paint which unfortunately i'm sure i don't have any so instead i drew a picture. I am obviously not the best artist but i tried.
New Zealand is really nice and safe. You can meet new people try new things and connect with the community! New Zealand also does not have snakes or many spiders.

Thank You For Reading (Special Thanks To Summer Learning Journey Team Members).

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Luseane,

    My name is Rachel and I have the privilege of reading the posts from Wesley Primary School today for the Summer Learning Journey programme. You and I emailed each other early in the week and I am so excited to see that you have been such a busy blogger ever since!

    I really enjoyed reading today's post. It was thoughtful, considered and really entertaining! Like you, I do not think of myself as a very good artists but I really admire it that you tried your best. In my opinion, that is the most important thing - that we always do our best to be our best.

    I hope that you enjoyed reading about the Tundra. You shared some great facts in Activity #2 - facts that were brand new to me. In fact, I had no idea that the word Tundra comes from the Finnish word "Tunturi." May I please ask you where you found this information? Was it on a specific website? I'd love to go and read a bit more about it myself. I have always had a soft spot for the Tundra because I grew up in Canada and our family had a Husky dog named Tundra!

    Do you have any pets?

    I really hope that you have a lovely week-end and I will look forward to reading your work again very soon! Megan is currently on holiday but she will be back next week and I know that she'll be really keen to read your work and write back.

    In the meantime, take care and I'll see you online again soon, I hope!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks Rachel. I found these facts on this really cool site heres the link for the information https://www.ducksters.com/science/ecosystems/tundra_biome.php i actually do have pets myself. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

    Blog You Later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Luseane,

      Thanks for replying and providing me with the website. I'm going to go and read through it while I have my breakfast.

      Cheers!

      Rachel

      Delete
  3. Hi Luseane,
    Well done on completing these activities. I agree with you. I also think that logging has both good and bad consequences. Good job on writing a great letter to your friend Brenden from the tundra. Also, your description about New Zealand was excellent and I like the picture you drew. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, thanks for commenting on my blog once again.

      Blog You Later!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.