Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey : Week 2 Water, Water, Everywhere : Day 2 : Fabulous Flora

Hi bloggers, i have attended the summer learning journey 2018 - 2019. Here are my activity's. 

Activity 1: Weaving a Tall Tale…[4 points] (To see the questions go on the summer learning journey site).
I would love to flax weave. Flax weaving interests me a lot because i believe you can make it at any age. Young or old right or wrong... wait there is no right or wrong it's your own design! There's also no young or old either. Flaxing weave is super awesome! 

Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves [4 points]
I think my parents are really strong and tough because they've been putting up with me and my siblings for all our life. It takes courage to do that. Thanks Dad and Mum! 
Activity 3: Stranger than Fiction [10 points + 5 possible points]
white banebelly
White Baneberry
baseball plant
Baseball plant

3 similarities about these plants are that they are both toxic, they are also both poisonous! They also have circle shapes.
3 differences about these plants are the baseball plant is rare and white bane berry isn't. They also have different heights and lastly they are different species.

Thank You For Reading (Special Thanks To Summer Learning Journey Team Members).

3 comments:

  1. Fakalofa lahi atu Luseane,

    You are right, you can definitely weave whether you are young or old. Maybe next time you could talk about what you would like to weave out of your flax. Creative freedom to weave our own design pieces is a pretty awesome thing! We just need to make sure we learn a few different weaving patterns and techniques to help us out with this.

    I would love to weave more often, I have weaved with plastic and flax before and it takes a lot of patience. One day I want to weave a fala (mat) for my family, we used to have plenty of fala in our house but not so much now (hence why I'd like to weave a few).

    Sounds like you have an amazing Mum and Dad! Parents are so strong and tough, because they go through lots of things to make sure their children are happy and healthy. It’s a wonderful thing to show our Parents lots of love and appreciation whenever we can isn’t it? We honour them by trying our best in everything we do and being gracious. I love going out to lunch with my Mum, we talk about life and lots of stuff. Is there anything special you like to do with your Mum and Dad?

    You have included 3 similarities and differences between a Baseball plant and a White Baneberry plant. Some more detailed information is needed for you to gain full points for this activity. Something more specific than different names is needed, what could you say about their shapes and different parts?

    They are indeed both plants, however again we need something more detailed. What makes them both strange? Have you found out where they are able to grow?

    Please edit your post to add some detail to the similarities and differences. I will be happy to reward you with full points for this activity once you have done so. :)

    I look forward to reading more.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cia, yes our parents should always know their appreciated! Their are heaps of things i like to do with my parents. Although my favourite is just to discuss about each others day. I will edit my post.

      Yours,
      Luseane

      Delete
  2. Hi Luseane,
    Well done on finishing these Summer Learning Journey activities. I would also like to give flax weaving a go as it seems like a fun activity. I also think that my parents are strong because they had to put up with my and my two older brothers. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.